Thursday, May 7, 2009

To the rescue!

Today, Jake's Auntie M steps in with a post idea very apropos our day... 




This afternoon at 4:30, I got a call from daycare..."Jake has cut his head, and it won't stop bleeding." WHAT!!! I raced over, and sure enough there is a gash the size of the Grand Canyon (at least in my eyes) on his poor, sweet forehead. But, true to his delicious nature, he was smiling away through is sweaty, tear-stained face, just happy to see mommy. Off we raced to the emergency room where they had to stitch him up. For those of you who have never been through this, I hope you never have to. It's awful. He was wrapped up like a burrito. Then, we had to hold his body down, while the nurse held his head so the doctor could stitch him up. The brave little boy was crying so hard he wasn't even breathing.

If I ever send him back to the Den of Danger (aka Daycare), perhaps we'll sport one of these jazzy bandages from The Perpetual Child.

Several stitches, and many cookies later, he's all snuggled in his bed. 
All I really want for mother's day is no scar, and lots of happy kisses.

5 comments:

Alison said...

Glad to hear he's doing better. My son (now 2) had stiches in his lip at 21 months due to a fall at daycare. It's very scary!!

Anonymous said...

Jake - So sorry for your horrible experience. Hope we can get together soon so i can cheer you up with cheerios and bubbles.
Love from your BFF

Unknown said...

These are fabulous! I love the scab ones, but the toast is right up there! -e

Elle said...

OMG. That's so scary. I'm happy to hear he is doing better. "Den of Danger" hilarious!!!

Bette said...

glad to know he's okay now.

these bandages are so cool. i love the bacon and egg.