Monday, May 18, 2009

National Stationery Show





I spent the day yesterday at the National Stationery Show in NYC. Typically, I spend most of my time at Surtex...an internatinal market featuring artists, designers, and reps who sell their artwork to manufacturers of gift  product, bedding, wallpaper...you name it! We purchased a TON of amazing art...and I'm on my way there soon to continue! The amount of creative talent housed in the Javits Center during this show is amazing. I look through thousands of pieces of art to look for the latest trends, and unique designs that will go on journals, notecards, holiday cards, gift books, pens...things that you will find a year from now in Barnes and Noble, and Borders! I'll post some of my great finds in the next few days!

While looking  through some of the vendor booths yesterday, I came across these great looking totes from Emile Sloan Seattle. They are made from cotton-laminated fabric that has a rain-proof exterior. I wish I'd had one with me yesterday so I could have carried all my things in cute style!


3 comments:

Kerren said...

These bags are adorable! I'm hoping it will work for a diaper bag. I only wish the name was "Emily Sloane" instead of Emile Sloan since its just a couple letters off from my daughters name!

Stephanie said...

Hi Heather, I really like your changes. Especially the About-Section came out perfectly!

Steffi from your post-its-team ;-)

Kim - The TomKat Studio said...

LOVE those bags! I'm so jealous, I would probably go crazy at the Stationery Show! Maybe next year?!