I very much believe that sometimes the right person or opportunity comes along at just the right moment in your life. It doesn't happen often, but when it does...you KNOW! It could be a handyman, a helpful friend, a contractor named Sergio (but I digress...). In this case, it was Holly Becker from Decor8 who announced earlier this year that she was starting a blogging class called Blogging Your Way. I immediately jumped at the opportunity.
The class was terrific and oh so motivating...I loved it! It is complete with encouraging and informative podcasts from Holly, countless written tips on blogging which cover everything from getting started and motivated, finding your niche, overcoming fear, and practical advice about increasing readership, expanding your blogging community, and reaching out to others.
I believe she plans to run the class again, and I strongly recommend it. It was great to meet fellow bloggers in all stages of their endeavors. I got some great feedback and encouragement on my blog and was able to make many improvements...how am I doing?
Here are some new blogs I discovered through the class that I hope you will enjoy as much as I have!
- Sarah Ahearn: Featuring work and posts from a beautiful collage artist...must check out these great pieces!
- MamaLoves: A new stay at home mom raising beautiful twin girls. I'm a twin...she needs to ask my mom for advice!
- Visual Notes: Great Etsy finds and home decor
- The Red Thread: The beautiful blog of an Australian artist. I think it's always cool to read about people in other countries...especially those with similar interests!
- Studio G: The blog of a landscape designer...I wish she would come over and help me out!
- Simply Hue: Great color inspiration!
And a special thanks to those in my group for their helpful advice!
- Blaubeermund: Written about a design student in Germany featuring great photos.
- She & Helix: A fun blog focusing on sewing and photography.
- Mama Without Borders: Written by a journalist in California focusing on interesting design finds.
- Moore than a Mom: The daily trials and triumphs of a mom raising her kids while her husband is often away.
P.S. Aren't these images great? They're all from The Love Shop...