Tuesday, March 24, 2009

From my experience

As the creative director of a gift book publishing company, freelance designer, and published author, I have had the wonderful opportunity to work with countless illustrators and authors over my career. Many people ask me such questions as:
• How to get their book published
• How to get hired as an illustrator on a gift or book project
• What an art director looks for when hiring an artist, or spotting trends
• How I come up with product development ideas and how these ideas develop from concept through production.

As part of this blog...in addition to my rantings about such things as butt paste as a new mother, I thought it would be interesting to share my experiences with you, and to contact some of the illustrators and authors that I admire and/or have worked with to share their experiences with us. I have drafted some basic questions to start the discussions, and will begin posting soon.

No comments: