Thursday, January 15, 2009

Jake's Room Idea #1

Ricardo and I had a lot of fun decorating Jake's room. With the exception of three little things that I still need to do/get, Jake's room is really the only completed room in the house. It was really important for me to get the room ready for him to welcome him into our lives...I just wanted it all snuggly and cozy and baby-perfect. It was a little stressful at the time because I was pretty hormonal, and any decision could (and did) bring me to tears. Looking back, I can't believe I was such a nut!

Having said all that, this is a sampling of the first idea I had for Jake's room that we DIDN'T end up doing. I still really love it though, and think it would be adorable. If anyone uses this as inspiration...good luck, and I'd love to see a photo when you're all done!

I drew a couple sketches first to show Ricardo what I had in mind. The rug and crib bedding are from Serena & Lily (they have the MOST beautiful baby bedding I've ever seen). The crib bedding might be discontinued now, but I think you can buy the fabric at Layla Grace. The fabric swatches on the right are all from Calico Corners, and the crib and lamp are from Pottery Barn Kids.

I'll post what we ended up doing in Jake's room INSTEAD in a future post...stay tuned!

No comments: