Sunday, September 13, 2009

Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous



One thing I love about Etsy is that many of the sellers will custom make something for you...which totally can make you feel like a rock star! 

For our anniversary last year, I had a vision of a pendant (a cool, male pendant) that I wanted to give to my husband. I researched various Etsy sellers and came across Kimberly of La Belle Dame, and asked her if she could make a custom piece. I sent her a little sketch that I did which was based on the design I had created for our wedding invitations. There are four little birds...Daddy, Mommy, Baby and Maybe (because you never know!). I love the way it turned out, and he couldn't have been happier with it.

And, as if it isn't rock-starish enough to commission jewelry, Kimberly told me she was behind on commissions because several REAL rock stars had been seen wearing her work, so she was "up to her eyeballs" with work!

2 comments:

paula said...

wow! this so rocks! (no pun intended)

mamaloves said...

That's beautiful.