Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Fall Resolutions!

I am approaching fall with renewed energy to tackle several home and personal projects that I've been wanting to work on for quite some time.

The following are just a few of my resolutions...
• Redesign this blog (and perhaps find more of a focus?) A fellow blogger, Minnie, of Mama Without Borders recently redesigned her blog, and I think it looks fantastic! She's definitely motivated me to add a few features to mine! 

• To FINALLY create a baby book/photo album for Jake. It's crazy! I'm a book/gift product designer and I've designed SEVERAL lovely baby books in my career, and all poor Jake gets is a diary (when I remember to write in it) that I didn't even design! I've seen some great results with the Blurb books, so I might use that as a starting point. Why is it always hardest to design/start the projects closest to your heart? 

• To meet with the handyman...he's coming tomorrow! I'm thrilled! Of course, one of the major questions I have for him is household rot...which I'm not so thrilled about, but at least I'm on the road to fixing the problem!

• This brings me to the next phase of home improvement... finish decorating our house which we moved into almost two years ago. Between lack of time and the economy tanking, we've been at a standstill. I think it's time. Each room, except Jake's cozy room, is only halfway there.

AND...most importantly...
• what I call, Project Friend. I would love to meet more new(ish) mom's in my area. I'm on a mission! Will you be my friend?


Cool poster from: Blue Bicicletta 

To find out what others are hooked on...click here!

12 comments:

jacqueline said...

This is so inspirational and thanks for sharing your resolutions with us! Have a lovely merry happy day and love to you!

mamaloves said...

I'll be your friend:). Too bad we don't even live in the same country. I need some of your renewed energy. My husband is back to school full time after having two months off and I'm having trouble finding time and inspiration. I want more of a focus for my blog too. Love your plan. Now that you have put it out there you have no choice to to complete all your tasks. Looking forward to the redesign.

Meredith Nelson Photography said...

I would totally be your friend.

I need to do some baby books too. My oldest has everything! The baby book, home movies etc...The youngest...nada. Ugh!

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

I have a long list of fall resolutions, too, and a few of mine are the same as yours! I always feel more motivated to set goals for myself at this time of year than I do in January for some reason.

Have a great weekend! :-)

Nancy said...

It is always good to have goals and writing things down keeps you focused. Then it feels so good when you see you accomplished things on your list. Don't forget to just enjoy the baby every day! Time flies.

Anonymous said...

Love your listing of resolutions at the beginning of your post! I'm always more motivated in the fall too for some reason. I guess summer provides too many outdoor distractions. :-) Hope you have a great weekend!
pk @ room remix

PS~Erin said...

Love your image!

I'm feeling a need to renew some priorities too. It feels sort of like a new chance to officially state some resolutions.

Thanks for the inspiration!

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

How funny! I always make Summer resolutions.

This is a good list!

annechovie said...

Sounds like you are going to be busy! Fall is inspiring. Thanks for your sweet comment, Heather. I hope you have a great wknd!

the mama bird diaries said...

I will never understand this... "Why is it always hardest to design/start the projects closest to your heart?" So true.

Pauline Wiles said...

Great list, although, do go easy on 'finish the house' as you might have a nervous breakdown trying.

I do hope you meet some Moms in your local area. Since I am neither, I can merely offer virtual support!

Minnie said...

Heather, You are so sweet for mentioning my blog as inspiration. I look to yours as well and am always amazed at your discipline in regular posting. As for a baby book, I would suggest to just take notes anytime you remember and throw them in a box for when you do have the time to write them down in a pretty book. I always think those cute and funny baby things are way more interesting than how much my kids weighed at 18months or when exactly they first smiled. But I will always remember (thanks to having written it down) when my son, having heard me talk all the time to my husband about my blog, said as he cleared his throat, "I've got a blog stuck in my throat." I said, "You mean a frog?" "No, I mean a blog." :-)