Friday, July 17, 2009

The simple things

One of the best things about having a baby (I'm considering Jake to still be a baby until he's at least 18 months!), is rediscovering the pure joy and excitement that comes with his new discovery of things that, as an adult, I often take for granted. These are some of the things in Jake's world that cause squeals of glee and exuberant kicking...

Bubbles...


His pail and shovel:
(Image © Deborah Cavenaugh)


Planes (also often called "birds"):

Swings:
(Photo © JP Greenwood)

Hope you all have a great weekend full of simple pleasures! We're having a wading pool party for Jake and his buddy Jared...I can't wait!

What are others hooked on? Join the fun here!

7 comments:

Art Wall Katie said...

Oh my gosh what about buttons, zippers, tags and dirt? So fun, isn't it?

journeyaround said...

Don't forget Bazooka Gum bubbles. Auntie calls that one for next weekend! Also, and perhaps most importantly, you forgot rocks!

xoxo Auntie No No (and... saying, "No no!" and having someone take you seriously.

journeyaround said...

And... playing "Plunk Plunk", that's a favorite tool.

paula said...

I so know this feeling. A blimp floated by the other day and we sat outside and just stared till it disappeared. Those things move quite slow.

Kellie Collis said...

Such beautiful innocence!

Melissa A said...

I love that you shared about the things that bring your son pleasure. It reminds me of when my son was a baby and all the things we both took pleasure in together. He is 17 now and I was just thinking yesterday, that it seems we don't do much together like we used to. I ask him all the time if he wants to do things with me, but he is enjoying his new independant life since he just got a car. He says things are fine and he likes things the way they are right now. He says he sees me all the time at home and that is good enough. So, I guess I will just be satisfied and take pleasure in that.

Molly said...

I agree, possible the best part of being a parent is the rediscovery. Beautiful things seem to be even better the second time around.