Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Finders Keepers






I promised to show more of my sister's amazing artwork, so here goes (despite my questionable photography abilities!) Besides writing and illustrating children's books, she's very versatile and has tinkered in all sorts of mediums (if you've been following my blog for awhile, you'll know what I mean!). She sews, makes doll houses (which are more like mansions), cooks Barbie cakes, quilts, and tinkers...it's all creative. Instead of just painting a bathroom and adding a new shower curtain, she has been known to actually PAINT NEW TILES and resurface the whole bathroom. 

Several years ago, she bought a kiln, and was painting on any ceramic tile surface she could get her hands on. She made this tile mural of the the Nauset coastline in Eastham, Cape Cod. I think it hung in a museum on Cape Cod for awhile before it found an unfortunate home in her basement. Lucky me, I unearthed it during a basement flood while I was visiting one day. Finders, keepers. It's mine now, is proudly gracing Jake's playroom in all it's beauty!

1 comment:

pve design said...

pretty. love her work.
pve