Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Chalk it up!



I know that chalkboard paint is all the rage these days, and like everyone else, I've been wanting to try it. But...the problem is...I'm not a huge fan of chalk. It's just icky, and dusty, and I really don't want another icky, and dusty thing in my house. So, I was excited to come across this idea for an outdoor chalkboard via ohdeedoh. We have a fairly unattractive fence lining one side of our yard, and I think it would be cool to try something like this...perhaps using Bakery Green Hudson Paint? It could blend w/ the foliage, and be fun to play with. We could draw an outdoor garden on it, guaranteed to bloom until the next rain storm!

Now, if the idea of chalk indoors didn't send my skin crawling, I might try something like this funky wall art. I could blow up a photo of myself and paint it on our bedroom wall to surprise my husband...I wonder what he'd say?


It would be quite different than our current look, wouldn't it?

2 comments:

Minnie said...

Heather, What a beautiful calming bedroom you have. Now, if you want to go for the rock star look ...

About that outdoor chalkboard wall, I really like that idea. We have a chalkboard wall in our kitchen and it is quite messy. Sometimes I wonder why I wanted one so bad (a result of all that blog-reading!) because I constantly have to sweep and mop, or vaccuum. It's worth it for me, however, because my kids and any other kid that comes over instantly gravitate toward it. I do like the idea of it being outdoors because it is yet another reason for kiddos to be outside, which is always good.

Unknown said...

I love the outdoor chalkboard! That's such a great idea... keeps the chalkboard dust out of the house and gets the kids outside.