Thursday, July 1, 2010

What an honor!

I was so proud to learn yesterday that some of the journals I've designed were highlighted on Print + Pattern...one of the first blogs I started reading. The post was about Jane Mosse, one of my favorite artist reps. Jane and her team are pattern designers based in Hampshire, England. They license their artwork to be used in any number of products ranging from stationery to home furnishings. I became acquainted with Jane several years ago at the Surtex Show (which is a showcase of some of the best surface and textile designers). I loved her work, and each year when I attend to show, I head straight to her booth, first thing. A...because I like her and B...because I know that she'll have many designs that I can use to turn into great journals, notecards, and other stationery products.

Here are just a few of the many patterns we've bought over the years...

These adorable owls (one of the favorite designs I've chosen from her):


Became this:

And this:
These cute birds and birdhouses:

Later became this:
And this:

And one of the best selling designs we've selected:

Became all this:

And all-over jungle pattern became this cute growth chart:

I always thought this pattern would make terrific bedding fabric.

We used it for journals, gift bags, a pen, address book (to name a few). The rights might still be available for fabric...(if someone buys it and makes fabric...let me know!)


Whenever I'm at Jane's booth, I take a peek the badges of the other attendees who are looking through her art. I like to try to see where her patterns will end up...bedding? Dishes? Other journals? Who knows, but there is just so much potential there...it's often hard to know which ones to choose!

4 comments:

Alison said...

Congratulations! They are beautiful designs and beautiful products!

Wendy MacFarlane said...

What a showcase.
Great to see some of the designs you have from us, it all looks so great.
Jane and myself always look forward to your visits at Surtex NY.

It looks even better when we see it in a bookshop, Have just come back from the USA and its everywhere even in the Yale bookstore.

lg2006 said...

I bought that Owl journal. Love it too!
Congrats

Carolyn said...

So cute! So fun that you do that for a living. That would make good bedding...kinda like the Dwell peacock bedding that I LOVE.