Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Turkey on my Mind

No, I'm not thinking about Thanksgiving, I'm thinking about Turkey, the country. In my mind, I've planned a lovely trip for my husband and I for his upcoming big birthday. I discovered this great looking hotel called Argos in the heart of the Cappadocia region of Turkey. I keep going back to their website to look at all the intriguing photos of the hotel and surrounding area. I thought it would be great to visit Istanbul for a couple days, see the sites, shop in the markets (or are they bazaars?), and then scoot over to Cappadocia. Great, right?

The fact is, we're really not set up for a trip of this magnitude at the moment, because there are few (ok, zero) volunteers to watch and play with Jake while we would be gone. I think he's a little young (3) and needy to bring him and think we would relax for more than 2 minutes. The fairy towers for which this region is known will have to wait a bit for us. Oh well, it's the thought that counts, right? Happy birthday darling!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Auntie volunteers... I've course I'll also come along and be the Nanny if you can't bear to leave him. We'll have a fine old time practicing his swimming skills in that pool.