Friday, March 26, 2010

My friends, I've been busy

Remember how I said I've been so busy, that I've been uninspired to blog? Well, when I look back on the photos I've taken in the last month, I have to say, that instead of uninspired, I have just been too busy. Here's a "snapshot" of our month, and what we've been up to...

Renovating our sunroom/playroom. These photos were when it was still in progress. I'm happy to say, the room is almost "done" (as "done" as any room ever is!). I'll post some more final photos when I get the room on a clean day (and when I catch up):


And, then in the middle of it all, it snowed 2 ft., ripped our power lines down, and we were without power for 4 days:


The basement: I've been making sure the basement WILL NEVER LEAK/FLOOD/COME IN CONTACT WITH ANY MOISTURE AGAIN...(truthfully, I couldn't have done this without our wonderful handyman!) It's been an on-going process, but we've almost got it! Then, we'll be on to the fun part of finishing it up!


And, we've had Jake's great birthday party with fun music teacher...


And, made Elmo pops inspired by Bakerella...

And re-decorating our dining room to accomodate 2-year-olds (and no, I didn't care that it was a lot of work, or if they made a mess, we loved it!)

Organizing and re-decorating my office (perhaps I should just take on one project at a time?). My husband had an AMAZING burst of organizational energy one night and initiated organizing all the papers that have piled up since the basement flood. I then was able to organize all our file cabinets and label everything (bliss!)...

The shelves were painted w/ blue backs (Benjamin Moore Harbor Haze...center color):

And, I've been looking for the perfect rug for my office. I love this one that I ordered, but finally had to admit defeat, and it's going back. As much as I love it, it's the wrong size. The larger one might work, but I just don't have the energy to send another rug back if it doesn't. For now. We'll see. (It IS really nice, isn't it?)


AND, I've been pushing this little guy SUPER HIGH whenever I get the chance...


And making sure he doesn't land on his head (well, most of the time!)

What have you been up to friends?

4 comments:

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

Sounds like you really have been busy! I love that striped rug in your sunroom--can't wait to see the rest of the photos when you post them.

Welcome back! :-)

paula said...

my oh my, you have been busy. the party looks like a blast and love turquoise frames.

Kerren said...

wow! everything is looking great- want to see the finished basement pictures- is it close to completion? Love the birthday party pic's- looks like everyone had a blast! You're a great Mom! Hope we'll catch up soon!

Minnie said...

Yup, I, too, would love to see photos of your finished (or even nearly finished) rooms. I also like that striped rug. It adds so much personality to that room.

Looks like you've been so busy. Hope things are slowing down a bit for you in the aftermath of that basement fiasco. Also, congrats on Jake's two year birthday.