Sunday, June 28, 2009

A Garden Painting

I came across a photo of a vertical garden the other day on Holly's super blog, "As I See It". Maybe I'm slow on the uptake, but I've never seen something like this before, and I think it's such a cool idea! I guess the trend was started by Patrick Blanc, a botanist and inventor of the vertical garden, or "living wall", and the idea has really taken on. Check out these gardens...neat, right?

Three beautiful vertical gardens by Flora Grubb Gardens. (Flora has a fun blog...check it out here!): 


A vertical garden as seen in Metropolitan Home by landscape designer Mia Lehrer and her assoicate, Holly Kuwayama: 



I think if I attempted this, I might end up with a pile of dead plants under an empty picture frame or wall, but I do love the idea!

4 comments:

pve design said...

I think these are amazing!
Seeing green in a city looks like a dream or some sort of Ivy league looking spot!
pve

Rachel Follett said...

I love these images you found. So inspiring and beautiful. I love the idea of hanging plants vertical. So different.

annechovie said...

Very cool, Heather!

gardenmama said...

So fabulous!
I have seen a similar adaptation done in a living room featured in Dwell magazine. So rainforesty!